Monday, May 30, 2005

Shred It


Cutting
Originally uploaded by Disentangled.
Here is the shredding in action. Several of the t-shirts were already missing their arms, so my mom and I didn't use the handy-dandy bag cutting technique my sister-in-law mentioned in her blog. I am saving that one for the whole t-shirts. For these "rags" we simply cut 1/4 to 1/2 inch strips along one side of the t-shirt. When we got about 1/4 inch from the end, we stopped, scooched over a 1/4 inch and started a new strip going the opposite direction.

When you are done, you end up with one continuous piece of yarn that you can then wind into balls. You can see one finished ball of green yarn in the center of the table. We ended up shredding all of the green (about 5 balls), one red and two blue. Needless to say this will be an on-going project.

Now, the question of the day is: how does one shred a pair of boxer briefs (I know, TMI), in one continuous strand?

1 comment:

The Stitchin' Sheep said...

That's the same cutting method I'm using with my dress shirts.

And, are these candy boxer briefs or just regular ones? For the candy kind, I'm assuming teeth would be the best tool to use.

Otherwise, the best I can come up with is to go up one leg all the way up to the waist. Then, you'd have one leg to do separately. Unfortunate, but that's the best I can do.