Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Super Seedy


Baby Blanket WIP
Originally uploaded by Disentangled.

So, I've cast on for the baby blanket and I'm already addicted to this project. I pretty much knit all last night. I took this picture to show how the seed stitch was coming out. So far, I am really liking this stitch. It adds a lot of dimention and easy to keep track of since I don't have to think in a pattern.

What is shown in the picture is pretty much the bottom "frame" of the blanket that will all be in seed stitch. The rest of the blanket will follow a pattern of stockinette with occational rows of k2tog, yos.

I think I will use the seed stitch when I make my other sister-in-law's slarf (basically a long scarf that is sewn into two arms, but the back remains narrow, not wide like a shrug). I knew I wanted to do something other than stockinette, but hadn't been able to decide until now - one more future project for the list!

So, the question is - how can I make enough money so that I can knit all day? Because, that's really what I want to do right now.

1 comment:

Disentangled said...

Me too. I have been given fair warning that if the numbers hit, I'm not getting anything. I need to get that quarter per week back in my budget ;-)

I have a secret hope that this little blanket turns into Brody's banky.