Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Disentangled's Secret Pal 5 Questionnaire

I'm excited about the start of the Secret Pal 5. I received my pal's info and I have already sent her an "I'm here" email. I will be visiting a new yarn shop on Friday, so I am hoping to pick up my first goodies there. I love exchanges and I already have a few ideas for my pal.

Anyway, this got me thinking that I need to post the Official Questionnaire to help out who ever gets me. So, here it is...I hope its helpful, whoever you are...

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I love natural fibers and high quality yarns. However, I wouldn’t be able to knit as much as I do, if I restricted myself to just the good stuff. (My first poncho cost me about $80 in yarn). I think there is a time and a place for acrylic, especially for articles that would be difficult or annoying to hand wash all the time. But, most of my larger projects have been made with good yarn.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I do not spin. Although in my profile it says one of my hobbies is spinning, but in this case, I’m talking about the stationary bike. I have taken an intro crochet class, but have only made one project and its not even done yet.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

Not to any of those things – just good old pollen.

4. How long have you been knitting?

For a little over a year.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes, I have an Amazon wish list.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Lavender. But then I’m not really picky, just not a big fan of vanilla.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

Yes – I love orange and chocolate.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I love scapbooking, stained glass, collaging and various other art projects – I tend to have a short attention span and like to do lots of different things, but I’ve never become exclusive to one hobby – knitting is the closest I’ve ever come, but with all the different patterns, its something new all the time.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I love different kinds of music, but have a special interest in classic jazz from the 40s to 60s. I love trance, especially those that incorporate music from other cultures. I am a fan of the oh-so-descriptive “alternative” scene.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

I love blues and greens. I’m not a big fan of day-glow colors.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I am married with a mini Dachshund, Jenny, for a child – I mean pet.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

To be an artist, full-time.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

I love anything that is soft, whether cotton, wool, acrylic or blends.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Scratchy wool.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Everything! I have a list of at least 10 future projects to knit.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Things for other people and things where you can see your progress quickly.

17. What are you knitting right now?

A poncho and a baby blanket.

18. What do you think about ponchos?

I like them, but worried I’ll have too many once they go out of style again.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

I like them both – but tend to use my Denise interchangeable needles a lot so my stitches can breathe.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Depends on what I’m knitting. So far, I have found each kind useful for different yarns and projects. I have a selection of each.

21. Are you a sock knitter?

Haven’t tried to knit socks yet, but I’m sure I will some day.

22. How did you learn to knit?

Two of my friends and I learned to knit from a book.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

Only about a month. I tend to work on one project at a time, or add a new one only when something becomes to bulky to lug to work everyday.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

I love monkeys and apes.

25. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas.

26. Is there anything that you collect?

I have been a prolific collector since I was a kid. However, I have tamed my collecting urges in order to save my marriage ;-) So, right now I have two collections at the office: 1) international paper clips – don’t ask; and 2) misfit toys – because every toy deserves a good home even if they aren’t perfect.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Interweave Knits

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

I have a couple that look interesting in my wish list, but I wouldn’t know which one to pick first since I haven’t seen any of them in person yet.

No comments: