Monday, June 13, 2005

Not a Stitch

I had high hopes of making some serious headway on a couple of my WIPs, so that I could justify starting my Kyoto. But, it was not to be. Not only did I not start my Kyoto, I didn’t knit at all this weekend! The closest thing to any progress that I can report is that I got almost all of my shredding done for my recycled rug. I just have the yoke of one final t-shirt left and I will be ready to start knitting. Now, if I can only decide on a design…

I realized that I haven’t reported about the baby blanket I’ve been working on for some time now. I am currently starting the forth and final section of the blanket. All in all, this project has been very quick and easy. I am very pleased with the results so far and I have used the Russian Join when I needed to start new balls – so there will only be the starting and ending ends to weave in. My only concern is that the design is fairly loose, which makes for a somewhat light and airy blanket (perfect for a summer gift I think), but probably not so great for keeping loose ends tucked in. Mine tend to poke out as it is, let alone for something that is supposed to be manhandled and washed a thousand times by people who may not know how to tuck them back in. I have to keep myself from picturing it slowing unraveling as it tumbles in the washing machine.

No comments: