Monday, July 18, 2005

The Beauty of a Secret Pal


Secret Pal Goodies #2
Originally uploaded by Disentangled.
I whole heartedly declare - everyone should have a Secret Pal! I have had so much fun through this whole experience. Needless to say I was delighted when I saw the note in my mailbox saying that I had a package waiting for me at the post office. Unfortunately, I didn't see the note until after the post office closed on Saturday, so I had to wait until today to pick it up (ok - time to give credit where credit is due: my husband made that exciting trek to the post office for me :-)

I opened this fun box to find a cute poncho pattern that goes with the pretty linen yarn she previously sent. Also, included were some treats, a little notebook, and a rubber stamp featuring an unwinding ball of yarn. But purhapse, no definitely, the part I am most exited about is the beautiful skein of koigu yarn enclosed! I have been wanting to try this yarn ever since I saw the skein my sister-in-law was making socks out of. Its so colorful, soft and amazingly perfect. My Secret Pal also enclosed a pattern for a neck cozy, so I don't have to rack my brain to try and decide what to make out of it. What I love even more about this little project, is that it will be a perfect in-the-middle-of-a-17-inch-long-Kyoto- sleeve diversion.

So, thank you once again Secret Pal! I love the thoughtfulness and care you have put into both of my great packages!

No comments: