Monday, October 10, 2005

Dirty Martini WIP



Originally uploaded by whirlypurly.
Yet another horribly washed out photo. My photography skills are truly astounding. But, I promised Dis a WIP-pic, so voila! I give you Dirty Martini, sans straps. Not sure how much you can tell from this captivating photo, but I am down to a little past the boob area. I haven't tried to put it on yet, but according to my oh-so accurate holding-it-up-against-my-body measuring technique, I think (read: hope and pray) it will fit me. Although, one never really can know for sure. . .

5 comments:

Disentangled said...

What Nonnahs didn't mention is that this photo represents the turning of a huge milestone at A Little Loopy. This is the first ever cable knitting by any of our not-always-nimble-fingered-members. So, please take a momment to admire that oh-so-beautiful cable. I think Nonnahs' new nick name is "Cable Girl" said Jim Carrey style.

The Stitchin' Sheep said...

I noticed instantly the first ever cable around here. Not only is it a mile stone, it's also quite nice to look at.

Nonnahs said...

Why, thank you! It is only one cable, but I'm happy with it! Fisherman's sweater, here I come! Well, let's not get carried away. ;)

Julia said...

Isn't cabling fun? And so much easier than you thought, I bet!

Now in the category of unsolicited advice: to check the fit of your lovely top, use a darning needle to put it on some spare yarn that is considerably larger in diameter than you are. If it is a tanky, tubey thing, then you want it to fit really well - almost tight - so that it won't do anything unseemly in the chest area later on.

As for photos - natural lights kick the ass of flash any day, and haze or full shade seem to work better than bright sun or dappled light.

Nonnahs said...

Cabling is fun, and definitely easier than I thought! As is usually the case with new knitting techniques. I find that a lot of things look a lot more complicated than they actually are when you sit down and do it.

I love the advice- that's how I learn! I got wrapped up in other things last night so I didn't have a chance to try the measuring technique, but perhaps tonight!