Monday, November 28, 2005

Super Jenny

Here's my latest "fun" and quick project. I made this sweater for Jenny for a couple of reasons. First, she loves, I mean LOVES, being warm. She spends her nights under the covers and her evenings under a blanket on my lap. Our place gets really cold in the winter (by SoCal standards) and we are in the holding-off process before we are forced to turn on our heater (I know, some of you are giggling at me right now) and our electric bill triples. Jenny's the one that it affects the most - her little ears and toes get so cold. I also wanted to try out color work. I had this left-over yarn from B's Halloween Stan hat. It's Wool Ease and in a brilliant red and blue and figured there is pretty much nothing else I could use it for.

It's pretty much just a rectangle with a ribbed blue end that I seamed together to make a neck. Then I added the...umm...embelishment on the back. I picked up a few stitches for a tummy band that buttons on the other side. It turned out that I had a red fabric covered button in my button box. Since I had no idea what this button goes to, it now is part of Jenny's sweater.

This is what Jenny thinks about her sweater:


Here's a better look at the back.


The inspiration for the sweater was a picture that B made of her when she was a puppy. She had been upside down on her back and playing with a another doggie. When you flipped the picture over, it looked like she was flying like Superman. So, being a graphic designer, he played with it a bit, put her on a sky background and added a cape. We ended up turning it in for the picture contest at our vet and it won!

4 comments:

Julia (MindofWinter) said...

Too cute for words!

Anonymous said...

Grandma's girl looks cute!

Nasus said...

Is it a bird?...is it a plane?...it's Super-Jenny! Love it!

knitzalot said...

Hey, it was great to meet you tonight at the Grove! I thought I'd check out your blog. I LOVE your kyoto...you have inspired me to revisit mine. I also read the post about the loss of your kitty...I'm so sorry. Especially after all the talking we did about our pets tonight...