Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Thank you Secret Pal!!!


SP6 package
Originally uploaded by Disentangled.
I was pleasantly surprised to find a package from my Secret Pal when I got home last night. She had told me it would be coming yesterday, but my postman rarely likes to bring anything to our door and instead opts to leave us one of those pink slips that then requires us to go to the post office. Since this has been the norm lately, that was what I was expecting. I let out an audible "Yay!" when I saw my package leaning up against my door. My husband asked me who it was from and I promptly told him - My Secret Pal. Then he said - Nerd. And I said - Yup.

So to the good part - this is what my ever-so-thoughtful Secret Pal sent me:
3 balls of Peru Chunky Luxury (106) which is a wonderfully soft 70/20/10 Merino/Alpaca/Silk. The color is a beautiful purpley blue. She also sent 2 hanks of a pretty medium blue Araucania Nature Wool (10), a 100% wool from Chile. This wool is neat because each hank is completely unique, so there aren't even dye lots. Fortunately the give you a couple hints on the band on how to blend more than one hank to give an even color. I am really looking forward to seeing how it looks knit up. Other goodies included a set of size 8 dpns, point protectors, and a knitting scrapbooking sticker. She also included a couple patterns, including one for a felted Lopi bag - which will come in super handy for the left-over accent colors from my Weekend Getaway Satchel. Finally, she included this, which has some great bag patterns of all different styles and techniques.

So thank you, thank you, thank you! I love it all and even brought my goodies to show off at my office knitting group today. You're the best!

No comments: