Friday, July 14, 2006

What would I be?

The Amazing Lace is proposing a rather interesting challenge for Challenge 4 - if you were to bind off your teammate right this second, what would it be? I immediately looked to Forest Floor since she would definitely be the easier of the two projects (in the current state) to make into some interesting and (hopefully) creative use. But she looked back and said - don't you dare. She more or less *hinted* that if she was going to be yanked off her needles, she was going to make sure that she never went back on to them. Knowing how difficult and obstinate she can be, I took this as fair warning.

It was then that Oceania gently tugged on my sleeve and oh so graciously reminded me that I was actually in the process of binding her off at that very moment. Cool! I don't even have to pretent to bind off for this challenge, I can actually do it! But what exactly is a ribbed tube with 2 lace flaps supposed to be used for anyway? A bathing suit cover-up that's what! Prior to seaming, turned upside down, Oceania transformer herself into a waste band with perfectly placed front and back cover-up flaps.

Since there was no way in H-E-double hockey sticks I was going to post a picture of me in my bathing suit, I opted for the Chap Stick-lensed hint shown above. Man, I wish I could have seen myself taking this picture, a maneuver easily worthy of being featured in the next Cirque du Soleil show.

So, given that not did Oceania step up to the plate and volunteer for such a humiliating spectacle, she also became a finished object this week (post to come), which should clearly earn her this challenge's point.

Point Total:
Forest Floor: 2
Oceania: 2

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You're almost done with Oceania? When do we see her debuted?