Please think of us as B, Dakota, and I head south on the 405 and 5 with thousands of other Turkey Day commuters (including Nasus and K, who will be driving in the opposite direction). We will be spending the day with B's parents in San Diego, which will be nice...once we get there. For my part, I'll be contributing this freshly-baked pecan pie to the festivities.
Though I bake regularly, I haven't had the opportunity to bust out a pie in a long time, so it's been a while since I've rolled out some pie crust dough. I was a little nervous, but when the time came, I was pleasantly surprised- it was a cinch! Granted, the edges of the crust ended up browning a little more than I would have preferred (I forgot about covering the crust until it was too late). Oh well. Can't be perfect. (What did I just say?) I just hope it tastes as good as it smells! If it's a success (I'll let you know after tomorrow), I'll post the recipe. :)
But, pie isn't the only reason I'm here. I'm also here to give thanks. Although I sometimes wish certain aspects of my life were different, the changes I'd make are minor. I have a lot to be thankful for, and I know it. I think this calls for a 5ives List!
Five Thanksgiving Shout Outs:
1. My family- near and far. I am blessed to have such a loving family (crazy as some of them can be sometimes).
2. The "boys" I live with. Both are extremely sweet, funny, and cuddly...unless you're a fly.
3. My friends- the ones I've known all my life, the ones I've met just recently, and even the one who is making me get fitted for a bridesmaid dress around the holidays.
4. My friends in blogland. You are forever supportive and encouraging, and yes, even enabling (you know who you are)! I appreciate your posts, your comments, your advice, and your inspiration.
5. And last but not least: My Loopy girls. There are no words.
And with that, I need to go and clean up the mess I made in the kitchen. I may be a lot of things, but a neat and tidy cook is not one of them! I hope you have a happy, healthy (and safely-traveled) holiday with your loved ones. Happy Thanksgiving!