Wednesday, January 03, 2007

White Christmas



Instead of the wonderful sunny beaches of Hawaii, I spent my first-ever white Christmas in Denver. Two back-to-back blizzards. I drove eastbound on the snowy I-70 after visiting friends in the Aspen area, chased by a snowstorm (we were able to beat it by an hour; the freeway was closed in both directions thereafter.) But the scenery was gorgeous.



I shoveled snow off a driveway with the family and snowshoed through K's brother's neighborhood in Denver. It truly was a surreal experience for a native Southern Californian like myself.



Lastly, my favorite picture from the trip. K is posing with the bears that guard his mom's place. (and yes, that's a parking meter in the picture - mom's husband collects a lot of different things.) We drove ATV's and went tubing around their yard. Despite being trapped in the house for a few days due to the storms, it was a very merry Christmas indeed.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Man, I'm so jealous!....a white Christmas!! That's my dream for some day. Those will be some good memories!

Nonnahs said...

I'm just glad you two weren't turned into popsicles, and returned safely! K with the bears...that's a xmas card, if ever I saw one!

Disentangled said...

LOVE the pictures! And I'm jealous, too. I think I need to go find some snow!

amanda cathleen said...

Looks like you two enjoyed yourselves!! Great pics : )

Lolly said...

Oh that looks like fun!! I am waiting for snow here...

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful Christmas!