Sunday, February 25, 2007

UFO Resurrection Challenge: February

This month we say goodbye to a fierce competitor - Forest Floor. For my February contribution to the UFO Resurrection Challenge, I decided to frog my Birch. My Jelly colored Birch was started about the time of the beginning of the Amazing Lace challenge this last summer. She was named for the way the color reminded me of how the sun lights up the little bits of green when it shines through the trees to the forest floor.

I love the idea of Birch, but I have not been able to get past the roadblocks. Perhaps if I had made it farther along before getting stalled out, I would have finished. But I am stuck in the third repeat and I just don't want to pick it up again. Frankly, I think it is because I know their is a center-out version available, Kiri. I think if there hadn't been the alternate version available, I would have stuck with it once I got my pointier Options needles. But, because there is an alternate version, this now frogged Kid Silk Haze will be knitted up Kiri-style...eventually.

So say goodbye to Forest Floor may she rest in peace.

P.S. We may or may not have just returned from a weekend of classes and shopping at Stitches West...details to come...because there are many and I just want to go knit on my Under the Hoodie! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

3 comments:

mle said...

I love that green! It will be perfect for Kiri.

Jennifer said...

RIP Birch. May you arise as a gorgeous Birch!

Theresa said...

That's a great way to get rid of a WIP!