1. The monkey is dead. My brother's sweater is necked, washed and blocked. I think he will really like the fit now. But somehow after the 2nd bath, the arms grew...even after I widened them. It must be magic yarn.
2. Wee Jennys! I actually got these from Wee-Ones a little while ago, but hadn't had the opportunity to post about them yet.
I put my thumb in there for scale because honestly, they are even more wee than I thought they were going to be. She was super great to work with and even though she apologized for the delay in finishing them, I thought she was super fast! I mean, these were totally custom for me. She even had me "proof" the first concept piece. So, if you have a special friend - get them immortalize in femo clay!
3. I finally finished the back of my design class sweater project. I washed and blocked it last night.
4. It will be a miracle if I can replicate what I did for the (identical) front piece.
5. With my brother's sweater of the to-do list, I am officially only working on 2 active projects: my design sweater and my manos blanket.
6. Manos makes me really happy.
7. But I am starting to panic about a couple of my color choices. Part of the blanket looks like a swamp and the other part is super happy. I'm trying to make them work together, but was having trouble. I'll have to get my colorist, B recruited for the job.
8. Last Saturday I fell in love with Koigu all over again. I mean, did I ever fall out of love? No. But, I found the most beautiful colorway that is perfect for Mim's Seraphim. Not too solid, not too variegated. But I would need about 6 hanks. Ugh.
9. I made it back to spin class last night after a 4 month hiatus. I initially took a break to avoid all the New Year's resolution people that swarm the gym in January and take all the bikes in class before I can get over there after work. But then it just stuck and I didn't go back until last night.
10. So, in an effort to keep my motivation, the paperclip chain has been started again. If I can go for 12 weeks without skipping (for no GOOD reason), I will have earned that Koigu!