Sunday, July 15, 2007

Badia is done!

This has been a very busy time for both Nonnahs and me at the office. I don't think I've ever worked so many long days in a row and while the overtime will finally allow me to get my teeth fixed, it is taking it's toll. It is also seriously cutting into my knitting time at the office, although I am still sneaking in some on my lunch break. I am exhausted when I do finally make it home at night, but I am taking solace in my limited knitting time in the evenings. As such, I was able to do the finishing work (bands and seaming) during most of my evenings last week, so I am actually able to present an FO!

This is Badia knit in approximately, 2 and 2/3 balls of Lion Band Cotton-Ease in the new Violet colorway on size 7 needles. The pattern was fairly simple and the cable and lace panel was fun. I did however end up removing the cable and lace from the back because I just wasn't feeling it being back there. I opted instead for plain stockinette. Because of differences in my gauge to the pattern requirements, I was able to knit the smallest size to net me approximately my size (34).

I also changed up the arm hole shaping to curve in more than the pattern called for. It is slightly narrower than the original, but not by much. This also lead to an interesting side affect: one of my sides is different from the other. I don't know what I did, but they aren't the same on the front at all. I figured it wasn't any big deal because you can hardly see it and I don't feel most people (non-knitters at least) would ever notice it, so I didn't bother to fix it. This was a cheap and quick summer top anyway, so I decided not to stress about the little issues.

This brings me to the other little issue. I had finished the front before leaving for vacation and knit the back on vacation, which can only mean one thing: the back is larger than the front! Because I knit the back in plain stockinette, I removed enough stitches to account for leaving out the cable. So, I figure my gauge issue must be a factor of being so relaxed that week!

It does fit nice and wears easy. It isn't constricting and can easily be worn over a t-shirt or tank top. However this knit does fall into the category of knitwear that can't be worn on their own because of all the holes down the front. So, this will always be a layering top for me, which is just fine since I'm usually cold anyway. All in all and fun and quick knit!

15 comments:

Mouse said...

very cool! I love the cable + lace..

knitzalot said...

It looks great! I haven't been knitting much myself. I'm just not feeling any of my projects at the moment.

Theresa said...

Looks great - needing to wear something underneath notwithstanding.

Anonymous said...

It's cute. Ånd, you sure must be knitting fast these days, because even with all those hours at work, you seem to be cranking them out.

Octopus Knits said...

Nice! I too love the cable/lace.

Jennifer said...

I like it! Very cute.

Mercedes said...

Thanks for your comment Jen on my blog. Seriously I am really really bummed out about not moving back to SD. I miss you guys! Hopefully his mom will recover soon and we won't remain in Texas for very long. Her prognosis isn't good though and truly it's a day to day situation on her health. So until she does, it looks like we will be in Texas. Fingers crossed for me and send out some good vibes. Miss you guys.

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

That really came out great! I love the mix of stitches! :)

Anonymous said...

badia looks fantastic! I love the cable with the lace. don't know about you but I can tell the days I don't get to knit, I'm super cranky!

Anonymous said...

That was fast! I love the lace panel. Very cute!

mle said...

Really cute! and I second what Nonnahs said...that was fast!

Nasus said...

I love the lace too...it's amazing that you're still able to find time to knit despite the long days at the office...

Anonymous said...

Wow-Beautiful==Love the color too.

Iris G said...

So pretty! Love the color--it should work well with most colors, so what a great layering piece!

Lick My Sticks said...

Ooooh that's beautiful! It looks great on you!