Wednesday, August 15, 2007

GOOD NEWS!

I won't lead you on (I'm not that kind of girl). Here it is: I am over-the-moon happy to announce that A Little Loopy has been reinstated as a cancer-free zone! We FINALLY* received the good news phone call we've been waiting for since around this time last week. (Waiting for medical test results...seriously...is there a slower mode of time?) The results of B's last test came back negative (which, in medical terms, is good)! Lymph nodes are clear! This means, everything is clear! YAY!

I am so beyond relieved, I can't even begin to tell you...although I'm sure you can imagine. The last 6 weeks or so have been some of the most stressful that I can remember. What's weird is how everything hit at once. Out of nowhere, we were hit with an unprecedented amount of work at the office AND with B's devastating diagnosis at home. I've been trying to stay afloat and as positive as possible through all this, but it hasn't been easy. More time at work and commuting + less time at home + more stress + less sleep = 1 sad little Nonnahs.

I've been doing my best to stay upbeat, and I think I've done a damn good job of it to tell you the truth, but I have to admit it's been taking it's toll over the last week or so. Just a general burntoutedness, I suspect. Thankfully, all this hellishness shall soon be over! I was already able exhale a ginormous sigh of relief yesterday, and the end is finally in sight at work! Friday is the filing deadline Dis, Nasus' K, and I have been working toward (or is it against?). Woo-hoo! I plan to celebrate by sleeping as much as I can this weekend. It doesn't sound like much of a celebration to you normal folk, I'm sure, but sounds absolutely heavenly to someone who's mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausted. I mean, worry-free sleep. For hours. Not having to set my alarm for 5:00am to go to work. Not having medical test results looming over my head. Just sleep. I honestly cannot remember the last time I've felt truly rested. Aaaaahhhh... Oh yeah, and some wine may or may not be consumed as well. Margaux, get your toasting glass ready!

Oh and while I've got the glass raised, I want to toast you all, for being so supportive through all of this. To friendship! Your comments and personal emails have meant and continue to mean the world to me. Thank you, thank you, and thank you from the bottom of my heart. I wish I could give you each a great big hug in person, but until that day comes, please accept a big, heartfelt *MWAH!* Love you guys!

* Waiting for medical test results…seriously? Is there a slower form of time known to man? Janeane Garofolo one had a bit about how Stairmaster time was the slowest time in the world, but I think she may wrong. Then again, it may be because I don’t use a Stairmaster.

24 comments:

Shelley said...

Well HoooRah!!! I am SO happy for you. Rest up girl - you deserve it!!

Nasus said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kara said...

Ya Ya!!! Best news ever!

K8 said...

Yay!! So glad to hear it!!

jillian said...

Hoorayyyyyy! I am so glad to hear that. I can't even imagine what a load off that is! And yes, I agree, medical test waiting is the slowest form of time EVER!

mle said...

Yaaaay! Very glad to hear it!

Anonymous said...

Thank God!! I am so happy to hear the good news! We were all pulling for you two!

Anonymous said...

Great news! I'm sure you're both very relieved. I can't even begin to imagine.

I'm betting cancer trumps the stairmaster, though.

Enjoy that peaceful sleep when it comes.

fluffbuff said...

Awesome! You both deserve to take things easy now. :)

Liz K. said...

Oh, so that was that huge sigh of relief coming from the West Coast! Phew! Wishing you all the best as your life goes back to normal.

kat coyle said...

Oh, such good, good news, the BEST kind of news; and No, there is no slower form of time than waiting for test results. You deserve to celebrate any way you choose! Good peaceful sleep sounds like the best kind of relaxation and reward.

Theresa said...

Yay! I'm so glad to hear this.

Miriam said...

Yay! That is sooo awesome! Now is it possible for you to take a couple days off of work once the deadline is done?

Jennifer said...

I'm so relieved and happy for you guys! Rest... Rest for a week! You deserve it.

Anonymous said...

such great news!!

yay yay, now go get some sleep! ;)

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Yay that is wonderful, wonderful news! I'm so happy for you and yours! :)

Madge said...

HOORAY!!!! Grab B and get to snugglin'!

margaux said...

WOO HOO!!! Oh YEA!!! I'm so happy for you both!! I've got my Glass Raised Real HIGH and Full the the brim!! OOOH YEA!!! (if only you could see the dance of joy I am doing!! haha)

Anonymous said...

again, very awesome news! Please do get some well deserved sleeping on!

f. pea said...

Nonnahs, that is such wonderful news. I am toasting you both!

knitzalot said...

What a relief! I'm so glad this hellish period is over for you. Hopefully I'll get to see you soon and we can celebrate in person.

Lick My Sticks said...

Oh wow, congratulations!! That's great news!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to read your happy news. Congratulations. I know what you mean about waiting for that news. It does take forever.
BTW, I agree with you, sleep is the best way to celebrate the end of any hellish week! Hope you enjoy you time.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you both!