Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Boy, oh boy...

I'm not quite sure how to describe the last few days. In most ways, it would trivialize what so many people are currently going through and what they will continue to go through in the coming days, weeks, months, and even years. But, I did at least want to say that we are safe, our families are safe and we are hanging in there. Our area of town has not been as affected as it had been during the Cedar Fire four years ago, but the smoke and ash still made its way to us.

We've been holed up in our place for the last two days trying to not breathe smoke and soot, and I just got word that it will be at least one more day before I can go back to work. Stir crazy doesn't begin to describe how I feel, but hey, I am in my own house right now, so I am not complaining, not one bit.

For everyone affected by the fires in San Diego and Southern California, please continue to be safe until this is over. Things are looking up, but we aren't there yet. Take care, everyone.

12 comments:

Theresa said...

I'd take a good blizzard over this stuff any day.

Lick My Sticks said...

This is so awful, these poor people. Be safe and take care of yourself.

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Stay safe. You and yours are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

My heart is with our friends and family in SD who were forced to evacuate their homes this week, and everyone else in SoCal who are affected by the fires, since it hits us all. From one home-confined friend to another- hang in there!

mle said...

Glad to hear you're okay! stay safe...

Unknown said...

We're back in our house and okay, too. Glad to hear that this one stayed clear of you. Take care!

Liz K. said...

Hopefully things will burn out soon. My brother-in-law's family has been evacuated from Rancho Bernardo since Monday morning, but it appears they are one of the lucky ones who still have a home to return to...

Take care.

Jennifer said...

I'm hoping the winds will die down for you guys! Bring on the rain!

Octopus Knits said...

All the fires sure are frightening (and detrimental to air quality, of course). I hope everything can be brought under control soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that your safe! I'm very behind on the news, I hope everything has been bought under control.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're okay! I'm a little stir crazy myself!

christine karr said...

Goodness - how is little Jenny holding up in all of the smoke and ash?