Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Awards Season

Yes, I admit it- I'm a sucker for a good awards ceremony. I went to this one backintheday, and on Sunday night, I had the opportunity to accompany a very handsome nominee to this one:

The VES (Visual Effects Society) Awards. Fancy Schmancy! I am so proud of B for being nominated for his work. So cool! Alas, he and his team did not win, but that didn't stop us from having a great time at the awards ceremony. It's not every day we have the opportunity to get all gussied up in black tie attire, drink champagne, and eat food like this:

Even closer to home, big (belated) hugs and thanks to MLE and Margaux for bestowing the You Make My Day award onto me. I am very flattered- thank you so much - you guys made MY day! Such is the pay-it-forward nature of the YMMD Award, I suppose. And so, I would very much like to pass this along to just a few of my faves. If you're reading this, know that you make my day. Truly. I never lose sight of how lucky we are that you take the time to stop by to give us your support and feedback. We've got the best blog friends ever! Consider yourself awarded!

That said, there are some people whose blogs I really do enjoy reading and draw inspiration from, which is why I feel like a little extra shout out is in order. I've decided to adopt Jillian's set of rules and mention a few people I only know through their blogs (who I haven't met in person). Some may call this a cop-out, but I call it a useful tool. :) After all, some of the people who I admire and who inspire me the most in blogland also happen to be personal friends who should know good and well by now how I feel about them, as my affection for them has been well documented on this blog already. (Love you guys!)

So even with my self-imposed criteria, it was hard to narrow down to 10, especially because I chose to include a couple of non-knitting-specific blogs into the mix. But because I try to follow the *real* rules whenever possible, here is a list 10 people I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting in person, (who I may, in some cases, merely stalk, but only in a most friendly, unaggressive way) "whose blogs bring me happiness and inspiration and make me feel happy about blogland": Alicia, Amy, Anna, Elli, Jared, Kara, Lolly, Margaux, MLE, and Steph. You either a) make me smile and laugh, b) make me think, c) inspire me, both in knitty and other crafty endeavors and in my everyday life or d) all of the above. Thank you!

11 comments:

K8 said...

How exciting that you got to go to an award ceremony! Congrats to B!

margaux said...

that's awesome that B and his team were nominated! Congrats to him! and um, time out, you went to the vma's! was Madonna there ;-)

You are my supremo inspirator, enabler, SFAM! Thanks for having your blog and being who you are!

Disentangled said...

Go B! And just think - you got to rub elbows with the coolest computer nerds on the planet ;-)

lori said...

Sounds like a fun celebration! Congrats to B for being nominated!

Jennifer said...

Congrats to B on the nomination!

That dessert looks so delicious. Mmmm, chocolate.

Octopus Knits said...

Congratulations to B and his team for their nomination! That is some fun looking dessert : )

Yay for awards!

Marnie said...

Woah, go B! Congrats to him. I wish you had pics of the two of you in black tie, but the food will have to suffice. :)

Lolly said...

what a cool ceremony! congrats to B and the team :) pretty food too :)

thank you so much, S - you definitely make my day!

dee said...

congrats to B!! how cool!
and love you too! :)

Kara said...

aww, thanks! I feel the same way about you! You are such a good blog friend and I am always excited to see what you are up to.

And congrats to B on the nomination. That is awesome!

Anonymous said...

That is a freakin' gorgeous dessert. What's inside the chocolate shell, there? Ice cream? WANT.