Friday, June 24, 2005

Granny Gums

Well, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that as of Monday afternoon at 5:00 I will no longer have any teeth on the bottom right side of my mouth. The good news is that I will now have one more porcelain replacement that is guaranteed not to chip, crack or fade - well not for 1 year at least. 'Aint genetics a bitch? Ok, so I know that the roots of my teeth will still be there, but the idea that if all my crowns were to fall out, I would be able to touch my cheek with my tongue when my mouth is closed isn't my idea of sexy. What sucks is that I brush my teeth twice a day like I am supposed to. I even floss every day - like I'm supposed to and yet they are dropping like flies. What sucks even more is that my husband is fairly "loose" in his oral hygene, yet he gets "your teeth are clean and healthy" and I get "there is something really bad happening with you back tooth." Fun.

So, now I have to pay $300 to have someone grind my final molar down to my gum line then glue a fake tooth back on. So there will be a nice row of three stupid crowns all uniformly colored that look nothing like my real teeth. Anyone willing to place bets on whether or not I need another root canal to boot?

5 comments:

The Stitchin' Sheep said...

I'm very thankful for that bit of genetics, myself (not yours - mine). It might just make up for the lifetime acne. We'll see.

Good luck with the dentist visit.

And, hey, you could always go with the French peasant look. It's really cute when it's the front teeth!

Nasus said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your teeth! I blame my folks for my constant digestive problems - I suppose we all have our tragic flaws... :(

Karen said...

About 10 years ago I got fed up with giving my dentist over $1200 a year for work done. I had root canals, gum surgury, fillings, crowns, etc. Got to the point that by the time I was 35 I only had about 6 teeth that were real. When he told me he could do implants for $1000 a tooth, I told him he could just pull them all out and give me dentures. So now I have no more teeth, but I also have no more dental pain or worried about crowns being pulled out by candy. I don't care that my teeth are dentures, and I can eat anything I want without trouble. And NO MORE CAVITIES!!!!

Mouse said...

I completely understand what you are going through.. my teeth as well as my husbands are horrible. When I say horrible, I mean a broken to the gumline, jagged, infected nightmare.. and genetics is to blame both sides. I used to brush like a crazy person in hopes of keeping mine.. but eventually its denture-ville.

Anonymous said...

hey you can come and sux my dick i love ganny gums