Friday, June 03, 2005

My pal has arrived!

Yay! I got a couple emails from my secret pal yesterday! Can I just say how excited I am that she's really out there. I had halfway told myself not to expect anything. For some background: I have crazy karma in the secret anything department. Somehow I always draw someone who falls of the face of the earth, never to be heard from again. To cite a couple of many examples:

1. In high school we did pen pals with a group of kids from France (for us to practice our French and them to practice English). I sent mine off - I was the only one not to get a return letter.
2. In college, I signed up for the one-on-one program where returning students mentor an incoming freshman. I sent off my welcome letter - she never showed up at school in the fall.
3. In elementary school, we participated in a Secret Santa. My guy gave me the gift he had just received from his own Santa because he forgot.

Well despite this history, I still love participating in secret exchanges because its all about how great it feels to spoil someone else anyway - not what you are going to get in return. But, I would be dishonest if I didn't admit that I was pleased to learn that I have a Secret Pal and that she is already thinking of me! So thank you Secret Pal for just being there!

No comments: