Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Sock it to me

Am I really such a glutton for punishment? Do I really just never want to finish that Kyoto? Or is some other mystical force at work here? I'm not sure what's possessing me, but...get the straight jacket ready...I am really eager to knit up some socks!

The thing is, it isn't as if I don't have anything else to work on. I have 2 current WIPs and WIPs I haven't even started yet but are already in the pipeline. Not to mention, the idea of knitting socks really intimidates me- I am not an advanced knitter by any stretch of the imagination, as we all know!

My biggest obstacle is that I don't know where to start. I know there are tons of patterns out there, but I think I need more instruction in order to get going. If anyone has come across a particularly good, extra helpful resource (e.g. a simple pattern, book, video, with detailed instructions that are easy to understand) please let me know! I'm just looking for something basic, in not too fine of a gauge and not too small of a needle. Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there. Meanwhile, I will keep trudging along with my beloved Happy Daisy sash... :)

No comments: