Friday, September 16, 2005

Whirlypurly's SP6 Questionnaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I was going to say no, but I guess I kind of am. I put a lot of time and effort into my projects, so I want the finished products to be of good quality. I definitely prefer natural fibers, but I also like blends.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

No, and no.


3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

I'm allergic to cats. At times, smoke, dust, and pollen will also make me sneeze.

4. How long have you been knitting?

Only around a year and a half.


5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

I have an Amazon wish list.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I prefer fresh, clean scents and fruity, citrusy scents. I also like lavender.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

Yes, unfortunately. I love chocolate (who doesn't?) and sour candies. I am also a fan of baked goods- both baking and eating them!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

Knitting is taking up most of my free time now, but I also design greeting cards, sew...I like to make gifts for people.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I'm kind of all over the place with music. Some of my favorites are Coldplay, Jack Johnson, Sarah McLachlan, and I guess I lean toward "alternative" music, which really isn't alternative anymore.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

I gravitate toward greens, but I'm trying to branch out. I prefer more saturated colors- I don't care for shades that are light and washed out. Like, not a big fan of "peach." I love charcoal gray for sweaters. I can't get enough!


11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I live with my boyfriend, no pets.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

To work for myself, doing something creative, to be debt-free (!), to be in a fulfilling relationship, and eventually be a mom.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

I'm a very tactile person, so anything that feels good. There are a lot of yarns I haven't used yet but would love to try.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Cheap, squeaky acrylic! :p

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

I am currently obsessed with the idea of learning to knit socks.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Lately I've become really interested in sweaters, which is weird, because I've been working on the same sweater for months. But, I keep seeing cute sweater patterns. I just wish they didn't take me so long! I also like knitting scarves because they are quick. Instant gratification plays a big role in my life at times.

17. What are you knitting right now?

I'm working on the aforementioned UFO sweater and a tube-ish camisole.

18. What do you think about ponchos?

Part of me thinks that ponchos have run its course, but I also like them, because they're easy to knit, and throw on.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

I prefer circular. But I also love Lantern Moon palm wood straight needles.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Anything, really. It depends on what kind of yarn I'm using.

21. Are you a sock knitter?

Not yet, but I'm dying to learn!

22. How did you learn to knit?

Two friends and I taught ourselves using a couple of books.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

It's about 3 months old...but it seems much older! :(

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

I like penguins. They make me smile.

25. What is your favorite holiday?

Probably Thanksgiving.

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Magazines (it's an addiction), matchbooks (mostly for lighting candles- I don't smoke), lip glosses (still trying to find the best one), shoes...

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

None, yet- which is hard to believe considering my previous answer!

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

There aren't any that I'm dying over per se, but there are some books on my wish list that I'm interested in checking out.

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??

Not at the moment, but I'm always open to new patterns. I've been looking for a pattern for a simple sweater, one that would keep me warm & cozy since Winter is right around the corner.

ETA: 30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?

I wear size 6. I like warm winter socks.

No comments: