Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Dog Days

My doggie hates my knitting. She finds it thoroughly annoying that I'm not just sitting there providing a nice comfortable place for her to sit. She has started to take it personal. All weekend, anytime I sat down to get some knitting done, she either sat on my yarn so I couldn't pull it, pushed her nose under what was in my hands to get it out of the way, or she stood up and gave me kisses (aka licked my entire face while I tried to block). Don't get me wrong, she's a little dog, there is plenty of room for her on my lap and my knitting. She just doesn't want the knitting going on over her. I think its because she has never been a "petting" dog. She likes to sit with you and on you, but has a hard time relaxing while being petted. So, I think yarn and movement of the fabric that occationally brush her back piss her off. It hasn't always been like this. I'm not sure what has changed over the last week. But, by now, she has to understand, the knitting is here to stay - maybe that's the problem.

P.S. I know I've posted this picture before but it is one of my favorites :-)

No comments: