Friday, October 14, 2005

My Bulky Mini


Bulky Mini WIP
Originally uploaded by Disentangled.
I finally picked up Glampyre's Bulky Mini Caridigan pattern yesterday and couldn't wait to get started. As soon as I got home, I pulled out the yarn I had in mind and started making swatches. As I was afraid, neither the main color yarn or the accent yarn I had were bulky enough. But, I think I have a solution. I am going to make the medium should be proportionally the same to the difference in gauge I have. And I am doubling the blue for the trim. This will probably be my most economical project to date since both of the yarns I am using I got at clearance sales with no clear idea of what I was going to do with them. (P.S. you can get the yarn details if you click on the flickr picture.)

It is definitely going to be a quick knit and I am already done with the first ball. Now I just have to keep telling myself that it is better to go to spin class tonight than run right home and start knitting on it again.

No comments: