Wednesday, October 12, 2005

One Done OSW


OSW
Originally uploaded by Disentangled.
I have finally completed my OSW. I ended up doing most of the ribbing in the sari silk but added a trim round and my BO round in a gold cotton. The only problem is that I was so excited to BO, I forgot to change my needle sizes as suggested in the pattern. So, its a bit tight to get into. I may redo the BO edge with size 8 needles, but not right now. I am still enjoying having this as a finished object. But, the good news is that it fits and I am done with the sari silk.

I also found out another fun little tid-bit of info about recylced sari silk: if a little strand gets wet (say sitting next to your sink because it was one of the 5000 stray strand on your hands after you were done weaving in your loose ends), it leaves a nice permanent pink stain in the shape of the strand on your countertop. Yay.

2 comments:

Julia (MindofWinter) said...

So cute. Re-do that BO edge now - you will be sooo much happier, I promise. Plus, we want to see it modeled!

The stain on the counter? A gallon of hot water with 1/2 cup of bleach should make it disappear.

xox,

Nasus said...

i love the gold!