Thursday, November 17, 2005

Yarn Haul


Magpie
Originally uploaded by Disentangled.
I was delighted to receive my package of sale yarn from WEBS delivered on time (for a change) by UPS yesterday. I used some restraint last night and kept the bags mostly intact, but I did pull out a couple of examples of each one for a photo shoot. Since I am most happy about this one, I thought I would share the Rowan Magpie in this post. I don't usually like to buy yarn that I haven't touched because sometime you can be surprised. I was surprised this time, but in a good way. I figured for Eris the yarn didn't have to be the softest wool ever because it is destined for an outerwear cardigan. I loved the color and thought this would show off the pattern nicely. The description just said that it was 100% new wool. What's that mean? But given the price and what it was going to be used for, I figured - just go for it. I was pleasantly surprised with the softness of this wool. Don't get me wrong it's not merino, but it isn't scratchy like the lite lopi I am using for my WGS. It's just sturdy. Which should be perfect for what I want to do with it. I also picked up some Jaegar Luxury Tweed (the color of which turned out to be totally different than what I thought - but will be fine) and Rowanspun 4-ply. I'll put pictures of these in my yarn reviews section - although I won't have a review of them until I actually use them.

In other news, I finished up the baby kimono and it is freshly washed and blocked. I will post a picture later this weekend. It just needs a closure. Why are cute ribbons so hard to find?

No comments: