Thursday, December 29, 2005

Hum Dee Dum

I wish I had a big long list of things to show you knitting-wise. But, as I am sure you can guess at this point, I don't. I have this week off from work and I don't have to go back until Tuesday. I have a million things to do around the house, the biggest one still being the completion of my office organization. I have a million WIPs. But, I have been finding myself milling around the house not taking interests is much of anything. Even showering had taken on an annoyance that is beyond anything I've experienced. I'm not sure what is wrong with me. I know I will kick myself Tuesday morning for not being more productive, but still no motivation.

I did manage to pick up and do a few more inches on the front of my WGS. I love how it comes along quickly, once I actually pick up the needles. Just knowing that I have a chart to follow and a zillion balls hanging off the work has prevented it from being something that I just pick up and work on. I also picked up my bulky cabled cardie again. I'm still somewhat afraid that it is going to be too big. I decided that I will finish the body and then try it on, if it is too big, I think it will be worth taking it all out and re-gauging the pattern.

My goal for my projects from here on out is ease of wear. I want the things that I make for myself to be easy to wear, something that I don't have to be adjusting all day long or worried that I'm going to snag it on something. My bulky mini cardigan came out like that and now I wish it for all my knitted goods. So, if the spongy loose gauge on my bulky cabled cardie ends up feeling like something I'm going to have to pay attention to all day, it will be worth it to me to get it right now. Like I said, it could be fine, but I have my doubts, which is why I haven't just zipped through this project. It is a very fast knit after all.

I am also working on some old project adjustements to some of the knitted gifts that I gave to my family members last year. I made my mom a scarf with pockets, but the pocket gape open. So, I got some toggle buttons today and I am going to add them to the pocket so they will stay closed. I am also adding a sinch closure to some slippers I made last year. Because of the yarn I picked out, they fit the first wear out of the wash, but then they get so floppy, they fall off your feet. Hopefully the sinch closure will let them be a little more wearer friendly. I guess I'll have to make everyone some decent felted slippers one of these days to replace the floppy ones.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Sometimes I think we just need to mill around unshowered during our time off. :)