Monday, January 09, 2006

Garlic breath

Garlic. Mmm... So for my surprise dinner, B took me to this place, whose motto is: "We season our garlic with food." He knows me so well. That's pretty much how I cook. I know for a fact that I over-garlic everything I make. But, what's butter and olive oil for, if not to saute garlic in? Anyway, this is a fun little place in BH (there's also one in San Francisco if you're ever up there), and if you're a garlic lover like moi, you will love it. I highly recommend starting with the Bagna Calda ("garlic soaking in a hot tub") - oven-roasted garlic cloves in butter and extra virgin olive oil, which comes served in a hot skillet, that you spread on their homemade focaccia. OMG. To die for. For dinner, we had salads, and then went all out and had steak and crab- a yummy petite filet and crab roasted in garlic sauce, which came with, what else, garlic mashed potatoes. I'm telling you. I love food. I love to eat out. I love garlic. It was pretty darned close to the perfect meal.

5 comments:

Mouse said...

wow.. I wish we had one of those restaraunts here in Atlanta. I looove garlic - mmmmm! Sounds like a perfect meal to me too!

Disentangled said...

Yummy! B did good ;-) Yay food!

Chris said...

Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have been reading about your lovely dinner while eating my pathetic salad...

Nasus said...

Yummy! But...did you have a garlic dessert?

klutzy91 said...

Oooohhh, garlic! Have you ever smashed some garlic and put it in with Ramen? Di-vine. And that, my friends, is gourmet in my book. ;)

I was just browsing and thought I'd let you gals know how cute your blog is. Are you getting together with other knitters anytime soon? Can I play? I need to meet other knitterly people, as everyone else turns glassy eyed when I start talking about yarn.