Friday, January 06, 2006

Maybe 36 won't be so bad...

Despite the fact that I had to work on my birthday (somehow that always seems so wrong), I received many birthday well wishes yesterday which made me feel very special, including Dis' birthday haiku, Nasus' penguin birthday song, and a lovely email from Chris Martin (via The Kamel) - ha! I also returned from lunch to find this spectacular orchid sitting on my desk.
Imagine my surprise and delight! Nice job, B!

My other present from B is...a surfing lesson this summer with Surf Diva in San Diego! FUN! I've been wanting to learn how to surf for years! I know, I know- it's incredibly lame that a local girl from Hawaii never surfed growing up (I had other interests at the time) and never got around to it when I lived in SD either. I'm so stoked! I just had a dream the other night that I was surfing, so I think it's finally meant to be! To continue my birthday festivities, B is taking me out to dinner tonight- we have reservations at 8:00pm, so I am told, but he won't tell me where we're going. That's kind of fun, right?

Anyway, so here I am, trying to embrace the 7th anniversary of my 29th birthday. I really can't complain too much- I have so much to be thankful for, and don't think I don't know it! Just for some reason, 36 sounds sooo much older than 35 (and I thought that was bad enough). Although, at least I've already had time to get used to checking the "35-40" age box. Okay, it's still depressing, but I'm adjusting. ;) Actually, I don't really get hung up on numbers. I'm much more concerned about how I feel, and for the most part I feel good, and I think I look alright (even though I hate you, vacation lbs!)...now if only that pesky biological clock would just pipe down a little! ;(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Nonnahs! You are a very young and beautiful 36 in my opinion ;) I LOVE those cut off gloves (don't know what they are called ?)! I want some so badly! If I had the time to learn I would start the knitting but jewelry and dancing are taking priority right now. Hope you have a lovely dinner tonight. B is so awesome...Surf Diva...wow.

Chris said...

Belated Happy Birthday!!

When I first read your bit about not learning to surf when you lived in SD, I read it as South Dakota, rather than San Diego, and I was not surprised that you hadn't learned to surf whilst living on the prairie. :)

Nasus said...

Wow, that plant is gorgeous! Man, I was so focused on my penguin song that I didn't get a chance to come up with a haiku and post it. Maybe next year...