Monday, February 13, 2006

Olympic update

I have completed 5 of the 15 body repeats so far, which is great except that it will be hard to keep up this pace. Each time I finish a row there are that many more diamonds to knit in the repeat. I figure as long as I can do at least one repeat a day, I will have time to knit the final chart and then block before the torch goes out. There is one small catch - work is super busy right now and I am looking at many hours of overtime over the next couple weeks. And there is one big catch - Stitches West. Hmmm, there will either be lots of time to knit or absolutely none. I'm going to try to get something for my motion sickness so that I can possible knit in the car during the road trip portion of our weekend.

Here's a really bad picture of where I am right now (complete with life lines):


And a little detail shot. (Don't look too close - or if you do, remember it's my first attempt at lace).


And this is what a sad doggie looks like:


Jenny's had a bit of doggie insomnia lately. I'm hoping some broccoli stems, a greenie, and a run down the hall will make her happy enough and content enough to sleep through the night.

9 comments:

Mouse said...

Looks good so far! I'm slaving away at my Olympic lace as well.. but I had to rip back to my lifeline tonight after I answered the phone mid row and then thought I could fix what I messed up by adding another stitch. Mathmatical.. I'm not.

Theresa said...

Looks great! Keep plugging along. I'm definitely concerned about the pace, too. Sure, if I knit for 3 days straight, I can stay on track. But starting tomorrow, that just won't be possible. At all. Hmmm . . .

christine said...

Poor Jenny - she looks comfortable on top of her blankie!
The lace looks great! Keep on knitting.......

Nonnahs said...

Looks great! I think we'll be able to get in some good knitting time on the trip. At least, I'm hoping so!

Jeanette said...

Your lace looks great! You are making fabulous progress, are you enjoying it?

Melissa said...

great job for your first try at lace!!

The Stitchin' Sheep said...

I bow down to you. I've never gotten that far on a triangular shawl before. Kids seem to get in the way of the concentration necessary for such a feat.

And broccoli stems? What's there about broccoli stems that Jenny likes? Is it because it takes a while to chew through them? Hey, whatever works, I guess.

Chris said...

I think your shawl looks great!!! I love the color.

Sending sleepy thoughts Jenny's way. I can sympathize.

Nasus said...

Beautiful!!