Thursday, March 30, 2006

My Flat Clapotis

I am all done with my Clapotis. Although it isn't really mine. It's for my mom for her birthday in a couple weeks. Is it really going to be April this weekend? How can that be? Was is not just New Years? Anyway, I digress...

Here she is...My Flat Clapotis.

I used my Duet from Brooks Farm Yarn that I picked up at Stitches in February. It is a pretty colorway of mostly natural colors with hints of gray. My mom is a mostly natural person, but I thought the gray would give her a little versatility. I wasn't sure how much of the 600 yards mentioned in the pattern I would actually need, so I wasn't sure how far my 500 yards of Duet would get me. With my straight 8s, I ended up making it 10 repeats wide and then I blocked it flat to widen it back out again. I'm not positive, but I think I could have made a full Clapotis with one hank because I have quite a bit left over.


In fact, I have so much left over that I was thinking about adding fringe to the ends. But, when I tried it on for the first time, I really liked how it fell. My mom isn't a very froofy person anyway, so I figure I'll let her decide if she wants the fringe. The yarn was really nice to work with. It didn't shed all that much and although I was a little worried after I washed the campfire smell out (it got a bit fuzzy), it slicked right back down again after it dried.

And because I am really missing Jenny tonight (my mom was telling me a cute story of Jenny running like heck up and down their slope this morning), here is a little reminder of what a cutie pie she is...

I can't wait until my family is back together in a week or so. As I told B earlier today, I'm over it. I'm ready for him to come home and I'm ready to go pick up Jenny. I would feel bad leaving her for so long, but I know how much she likes hanging out with her kitty friends at mom and dad's house. Apparently she's been trying to get them to play with her, but they don't know quite what to do with her when she starts barking. And she thinks they are funny because they have no noses. Well, none quite like hers.

5 comments:

Chris said...

Oh, the Clapotis turned out great! I must get out my Brooks Farm Harmony to make one...

Cute picture of Jenny! She might like Chaos - he has a long nose for a cat. Not like hers, of course. :)

Mouse said...

Clapotis is gorgeous! I'm still trying to convince myself that I don't need one of those and wouldn't wear it.. Jenny is adorable! I bet she misses you too!

Nasus said...

Your mom is going to LOVE it! (by the way, I love your mom - she is such a sweet lady! I remember her overflowing with praise when she showed us your Adamas shawl.)

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful. I think the natural colors are a great choice.

Anonymous said...

I love your Clapotis! Your mom is sure to love it and start bragging about you soon too : )
awww Jenny looks like such a sweetie pie!