Sunday, April 30, 2006

Weekend progress

Yesterday I made a ton of progress on my Orangina at our weekly knitting group at Rebecca's...which I promptly had to frog as soon as I got home. We had a good turn-out and between the chatting and possibly being cracked out on Vietnamese iced coffee, I skipped a row in the pattern. You can see it in the last inch of the repeats in the picture below.

So, B helped me frog (I think his favorite part of my knitting habit) and I am in the process of re-knitting what I lost. The good thing is that I had my knitting off the needles so I could check the size and it seems to be coming out so far so good and according to gauge. I've also named my Orangina - Oceania. I had to get rid of the "-gina" in my name modification because the names started to look like they were pronounced more like a "gyna" than a "jeana".

This weekend has been what a true weekend should be. Plenty of time spent doing what I want to do. It started out with the South Park Walkabout Friday night and dinner with Nasus and K. And besides spending Saturday afternoon knitting, we were finally able to watch the Series finale of Six Feet Under - wow! I was weaping by the end and certainly not for the reasons that I thought I might. This morning began with me finally starting the second Harry Potter (and reading the first 100 pages straight through). Then we drove up to Encinitas for the annual Encinitas Street Fair where we walked through all the booths and I ate a tamale. Now while B is off playing his first league playoff match tonight, Jenny and I are going to head out to a coffee house to do a little sun bathing while there's still such nice sun out. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

4 comments:

Theresa said...

The problem with knitting groups, in my opinion, is that I can rarely get any good knitting done for exactly the reasons you describe. Tragic, really.

Anonymous said...

Love the color that your are using! Now, Where is the mistake? *L* : D

Nasus said...

Ha! Funny why you changed the name :)

Chris said...

How frustrating! I have a stockinette sock lying around for knitting groups, just in case...