Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Write-O!

I'm not usually a big meme gal, but I keep seeing this fun little handwriting meme around blogland and I enjoy seeing it each time, so I figured it's high time I join in the fun. The meme originated here. I first saw it here, and most recently here. It's simple. Write out a pangram, sign it, then post a picture of it. I think I can handle that!

Handwriting fascinates me. I'm not a handwriting analyst or anything, but I do kind of think one's handwriting is indicative of one's personality, to a certain extent. (Don't ask me for specific examples, because I don't have any.) I think I also find handwriting fascinating because I am a writer. I enjoy writing. Both the physical action handwriting something, and writing as a hobby. (At one point, I actually thought I wanted to be a writer. But that was a long time ago, and I digress...) I've enjoyed writing ever since I was 3 or 4 when my grandma taught me how to write in print and in cursive. I still have fond memories of us sitting together and me practicing my letters on that newsprint paper, the kind with the two bold lines and the dotted lines across the middle. :)

I still write. All the time. It's been a while since I've written any short stories but I'll still bust out an occasional poem here and there. Sometimes I leave little notes for B before I leave in the morning (I discovered that he actually keeps these, I saw some when we moved). I write oodles of notes to myself, and lists galore. They're everywhere- strewn across my desk, on the kitchen counter, in my bag(s). I still write and send cards and letters. And I still use an old-school day book (no palm pilot or Blackberry here). I do a lot of work on the computer, but I think I will always still write. It's just in me.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

You have very neat handwriting! I'm impressed. I don't handwrite alot, but I thinks that's because my handwriting is so bad.

Theresa said...

If I had handwriting as legible as yours, I'd write, too. You know that thing about doctors and bad writing? I don't know exactly what it is, but I used to have really nice handwriting. Not anymore.

Anonymous said...

NICE! Now you girls can start posting knitting AND poetry! Although one might say knitting is poetry... maybe... At least, someone should...

Chris said...

I love the bulletin board display!

Nasus said...

Okay, not to be picky, but my favorite letter of the alphabet ("S") is missing from the brown fox pangram..."dogs" maybe? And I have always loved your penmanship, by the way :)

The Stitchin' Sheep said...

And write, you should, with handwriting that lovely. I used to enjoy writing, too, until I broke my index finger in highschool. That joint has arthritis troubles now, so I'm not so into writing anymore. Give me a keyboard, and I'm pretty happy, though.

The Stitchin' Sheep said...

Hey, you left a comment on my site asking if I liked broccoli (for casserole ideas) but left no email address (or at least I couldn't get it by clicking on it).

If you have a good casserole dish for me, you can email me at kmreder at yahoo dot fr

Unknown said...

Thanks for playing! Awesome handwritting!