Thursday, April 27, 2006

If I only had a brain

Nonnahs asked earlier in the week if she was crazy. I am following up that question with my own – am I stupid? I am someone who generally tries to learn from her mistakes. I make plenty of them, but I generally try not to make the same one more than once. Why is it then that I keep making that stupid gauge reversal mistake over and over? How many hours of knitting time have I lost by adjusting my gauge the wrong way? I actually, finished the front of my Espresso tank only to realize that the reason it seemed a little big as I was knitting was because it was. I had modified my gauge larger instead of smaller. WTF? How many times to I have to do this? Usually I catch on quicker, but that whole ribbed at the bottom thing really through me off. So, I’m going to have to redo the whole dang thing, because neither my mom (the intended recipient) or I (the possible recipient) are exactly "endowed" and I've heard this tank has some room in it.

One project I am especially jazzed about is Orangina, which is going to have to take on a new name really quickly because there is no orange in this Orangina. The problem is that I can’t wait to wear it! I keep thinking about what a great sexy little summer top this is going to be. However, that implies that I will finish it before the summer is out. This is pretty thin yarn on small needles (3s!), so lots and lots of stitches. Fortunately, the pattern is easy to memorize and see, so you can pick it up anytime and know where you left off. This is a pretty good selling point right now, because this is a project that is going to be around for a while. I plan to role my enthusiasm into some stamina to keep me moving forward on it.


And for the sake of randomness, here is a picture of the rainbow I saw on the way home from work yesterday. Can I just say how much I am enjoying working normal hours again?


4 comments:

Chris said...

Argh about the gauge! But Oranina is looking very lovely. Hmm... Maybe I need one, too...

Thanks for sharing the rainbow! I haven't seen any here yet this year.

Mouse said...

I still haven't figured out what yarn I want to use for my orangina yet.. one of these days! I did the same thing with gauge on my son's Weasley sweater.. went down instead of up though and couldn't figure out why it looked so tiny. Doh!

Nasus said...

Wow - were you driving on a freeway and taking a picture at the same time? Talent! :)

The Stitchin' Sheep said...

Ooh. That blue yarn looks beautiful with that pattern. You're making me wish I were not pregnant so I could knit myself one in the pale peach color I've got of the same yarn.

Guess that'll have to wait a year or two till I'm no longer deformed.