Sunday, May 21, 2006

Dis-who?

Wow! It has been forever since I posted. It was a busy week last week getting ready for my in-laws' visit. B's parents and great aunt came from Texas for an extended weekend. Our place was in pretty good shape before they got here. However, I got this great idea to finally add the new bookshelf to the office the weekend before. Actually, IKEA was having a sale on the book shelf we wanted that (because our IKEA decided it can set all its prices higher than the suggested retail price) is usually $20 more than almost all the other IKEA locations. With the sale the bookshelf ended up being $10 less then the suggested price, so we couldn't pass it up. The problem was that we had to completely re-do the office including taking all the books off the shelves already in there, clean and organize the piles that have accumulated over the past I don't know how many months. I suggest everyone who is a cleaning procrastinator have house guests at least once a year to keep your place somewhat liveable.

The visit was great. It was Auntie's first airplane trip in her life and her first time to see the ocean. She had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed everything. On Friday we took everyone to the zoo, because that is just something you've got to do when you visit San Diego.

Auntie's favorites where the bears and because it was Bear Awareness Week at the zoo, they had even blown snow for the Polar Bears to play in. I couldn't help but thinking when I saw the bears laying flat with their tummies on the snow that they were finally comfortable. How hot must they be normally? Sheesh. Not exactly the arctic here in ol' SD.

We also took them on the drive up the 101 had fish tacos and saw surfers. I think overall they had a great time and I'm glad Auntie was able to come out. She is such a great lady, so giving and so thoughtful.

I will be posting some separate knitting updates over this coming week, because there has been so much I haven't been able to get to since last week, including sock and Oceania updates as well as my teammates for the Amazing Lace.

And since a random update post wouldn't be complete without something totally random, I have a line on a life-size copper buffalo if you are interested:

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

A life-size copper buffalo... Wow. And it looks like it's for sale? Where did you find it? Where would someone put one of these?

Anonymous said...

I love the zoo! Can't wait to go back to the Pittsburgh Zoo this year : )


Yay! I've been looking for a life size copper buffalo for my kitchen! The best pot rack EVER!!

Chris said...

Sounds like a fun visit for your aunt!

That copper buffalo is cool but gosh, I just don't have space for it. ;)

Theresa said...

Oh, no - such bad news about IKEA in San Diego. I have big plans for bookcases when I get there. . . after my stuff. Strange.