Monday, May 22, 2006

Green

This month's Project Spectrum color is Green. My favorite! Unfortunately, I don't have any green knitting to show at the moment, so instead I thought I would devote this post to green in the ecological sense.

B and I strive to live as eco-friendly as we can. We could still do a lot more like consume less and conserve more, but we do try to make sound choices whenever possible that are healthier for us, our pooch, and the environment.

There are lots of nifty websites out there that are very informative on how you can live a little greener, if you're interested. One of my favorites is Ideal Bite - a great website that offers green living tips in their daily emailed newsletter. You can reference their Tip Library, or go here to sign up! Another great resource is Treehugger - an online magazine chock-full of articles and directories of where to find green products and services.

There is a lot of room for improvement where I am concerned, but as I continue to work on it, I feel that the little things really can make a difference, and it's not hard. :)

5 comments:

Mouse said...

ooh.. thanks for the great resources! I signed up with Ideal Bite for their daily tip email.. very cool idea!

Jennifer said...

We try to live as green as possible too. As the kids get older we are planning on trying to do things together as a family and get our kids thinking about what it means to be ecofriendly as well.

Chris said...

I like the picture and the reminder about the other meanings of "green." :)

Anonymous said...

What a great post! I haven't ever heard of treehugger, I'm going to go sign up, thanks! : )

Theresa said...

I wonder if Vanity Fair joined Lolly's Project Spectrum ... all on the way to world domination through knitting blogs, of course.