Sunday, July 02, 2006

The poets

Longtime readers of this blog know that we tend to bust out the haiku on special occasions. Needless to say, Nonnahs and I didn't skip a beat when the peotry became the 3rd Challenge for The Amazing Lace. My Distopia teammates decided to use poetry as a means to share the inspiration for their names.

Forest Floor:
A cool forest walk
I am light amongst the trees

Sparkling in the leaves

Oceania:
The ocean or sea
Lapping waves along the shore

Tranquil yet mighty


The teammate point was difficult to award for this challenge. Oceania has stepped up to the plate and really been there for me lately. But, I think that for this challenge, Forest Floor deserves the point by managing to get a rhyme into her haiku. That's not an easy thing to do, especially when you are a small bit of twisted silk and mohair.

Point Total:
Forest Floor: 2
Oceania: 1

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hmm, I'm not sure that's really a rhyme. I think the point might be in contention!