Monday, August 28, 2006

I demand a weekend refund!

The weekend disappeared into thin air. Vanished. Poof! I helped LA and Rex with their big move into their new condo, which took up most of the weekend. I was happy to help, of course (even though it means they now live in the Valley and a good 30 some miles away from me now, as opposed to 6), but by late Saturday night, after two days of packing, moving, and baby sitting, I was pooped!

Sunday was spent going on our weekly grocery shopping expedition, an extra long dog walk, and giving Dakota a bath. Finally, after all that was done, I was able to veg out for a while and complete the heel turning on both yet-to-be-named Crusoe socks.

I must say, I'm quite enjoying this "knit both socks at the same time, kind of" process. I initially decided to try this, not only in an attempt to deter the dreaded SSS, but also to attempt some sort of tension consistency with the two socks. So far, it's working like a charm!

And there's more homegrown goodness sprouting in the yard! No, your eyes do not deceive you- those are not one, but two more eggplants growing! I was beginning to worry we'd only see the one, but we seem to be witnessing a nasubi resurgence! I'm so excited! And, I don't know how well you can see it in the photo, but those yellow things in there are yellow squashes - three - that look just about ripe for the pickin'!

In totally unrelated news, Grey's Anatomy didn't win a single Emmy! What's up with that?

10 comments:

dee said...

Love that sock color! and you need to come home and do some green thumb magic in my yard! I seem to be only good with basil...

Nasus said...

The nasubis look great!!

The Stitchin' Sheep said...

Those socks are beautiful and so are the home-grown veggies. I'm kind of jealous. For all the tons of tomatoes we're swimming in in our garden, our summer squash plants are sick and not producing a thing. So disappointing.

Jennifer said...

The socks look great! Woohoo for the eggplants today!

Shelley said...

I am loving your Crusoe socks so much that I've decided to try to adapt the pattern to a toe-up sock and try to use that green Koigu I have. I wasn't that keen on the pattern when I saw it in Knitty but ... well, maybe it's your photography skills. Or your mad knitting skills. I am hooked.

Anonymous said...

your crusoe socks look yummy! yay for your nasubi and squashes : )

Theresa said...

I don't know, but Grey's Anatomy is definitely the best show ever!

Disentangled said...

Look at all those pretty veggies...maybe one day I will plant a garden...

P.S. It was nice to see you today :-)

Anonymous said...

I can't BELIEVE that Gray's Anatomy didn't win anything! That's my favorite show ever. I was so mad!

And the fact that Colbert lost to frieken Barry Manilow just pissed me off!

Julia (MindofWinter) said...

Adorable Crusoes. I love that colorway!