Been in a bit of a funk lately. No single reason to point the finger at, more just an amalgamation of funk-causing agents ganging up on me all at once. Hate it when that happens! Therefore, in keeping with my funk-busting plan of attack, we will focus fun things today. Ready? Okay! Let the fun parade begin!
1. Pure sock love. My yet-to-be-named Crusoe socks in progress. Koigu, first of all, but then look at these colors! These are some glee-inducing socks right here, people!
I almost don't want to work on these too much, because I don't want to finish them. Silly, right? The thing is, they're so much fun! Just watching all the colors emerge with each stitch...I know, I need to get out more...But, I ask you: Does it get much better than this? Nope didn't think so!
2. Red patent leather flats. Oh boy! Because I love my black pair so much and because I am my mother's daughter, I finally broke down and got a pair in red, too. (Tangent: I vaguely remember a storybook I had when I was little - The Elves and the Shoemaker, perhaps - all I remember was that there was a picture of bright red shoes in it. I had a dream one night that I had those shoes (See? The love for shoes- it dates way back!) and I even thought I had them when I woke up, only to discover it was all just a dream. That was my first brush with the kind of dreams that seem real. Talk about heartbreak!) Now I have me some bright red shoes that make me I feel like I'm about 6 years old when I'm wearing them (only 30 years off)!
3. 80's Mix CD. Dee, my sister from another mother, sent me a most delightful CD of 80's songs. She included many popular faves, as well as a few I had completely forgotten about. A more with-it woman would include a song list here, but until I can get it together long enough to write it down, you'll just have to take my word for it- it is good!
4. Last, but certainly no least on the fun list: our blog makeover! We've been talking about it for quite awhile now, tired of our old look and feeling as though it didn't say much about our personalities. One thought was to unveil our new look for our blogiversary in April, though that was obviously not meant to be. But, better late than never! Eventually we'd like to venture into a home all our own, but for now we'll work the Blogger beast to its (or our) fullest potential. Thanks so much for all the comments - we really appreciate it! It feels so good to have a fresh face! Dare I say- we're bringing sexy back.*
* Not as blatantly as J. Timberlake, to be sure, but we can try.