Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Retreat project

What do you get when you mix 3 girls, 3 pairs of needles and 6 balls of Sugar & Cream cotton yarn? Ballband dishcloths of course! The Mason Dixon Book came along on our retreat and we each knitted up a ballband dishcloth! It was a great project for hanging out, chatting and knitting. The pattern is a lot of fun. It is simple enough you can memorize it, but involved enough to keep you on your toes. Here's a shot before we got started.

And this is what your finger looks like after a few hours of knitting.

We may or may not have stayed up until 1:30 in the morning to finish these up. But look at what we had to show for ourselves! Three, count them, three ballband dishcloths!

Again, I can't say enough great things about this book. It is one of my favorites and is full of great patterns. I am now really glad I picked up one or two (ehem, lier) balls of Sugar & Cream while they were on sale last week at Michaels.

4 comments:

knitzalot said...

Cute!

Anonymous said...

I freaking love these dishcloths! Evenmore exciting- actual FOs - I'm still in shock! :)

mle said...

Wow, looks like y'all had a blast! What a fun idea!

Nasus said...

hey - I started my second one! (after I told my co-worker about it, she wanted to knit them for her S&B...so I had to start knitting one to remember the pattern) :)