Sunday, September 03, 2006

Baseball + Friends + Knitting = Fun

Yesterday was a tag team of activities for me. I think I've mentioned it before, it seems like I usually don't have many "events" on the books from week to week, but when I do, they all seem to pile up on the same day. I left the house at 10:30 yesterday morning and didn't get home until 1:00am! This may explain why I slept all afternoon today and didn't even bother to shower until 4:00.

After a hair cut, I met several of the girls over at Rebecca's and we headed off on a San Diego LYS sale yarn crawl. Besides the Grove, the other two stores in Bonita and Pacific Beach, I had actually never been to before. They were always on my list of places to check out, but never actually made it to either before yesterday. I would say that we all picked up a couple gems, but no one broke the bank.

Then Knitzalot and I had a fun and adventurous trolly ride to the stadium where we met up with Cora for the Stitch 'n Pitch game at PetCo Park! I will admit, I am not a huge sports fan in general. I don't think there's anything wrong with them, it just doesn't interest me all that much. But, if you add knitting and Pyramid beer, and garlic fries...I'm there.

I've never been to the new stadium since it openned except for the lawn area after the Wiener Races a couple years ago, so this was a lot of fun for me. The view from the park is amazing. And I got several shots of the sky throughout the evening. (We've been having some great clouds in the last week or so.)

As part of the Stitch 'n Pitch event, we all got insulated lunch bags that contained 2 balls of novelty (of course) yarn and wood "scarf needles". Even B got his very own bag to take home for joining us :-) It was a lot of fun to see so many people in our section knitting. Mostly there were knitters, but there were a few crocheters and even a latch hooker!

I had a great time, made some good progress on one of my secret knits and we even won the game! (I swear I cheered in all the right places :-)

After the game, we headed over to a swanky restaurant and bar in the Gas Lamp. I had a Rasberry Champaign Mojito and their trio of Creme Brule - yummy! Oh and this is probably as good a time as any to share the insanity that was my food intake yesterday: a bagel, coffee, a brownie, iced coffee, a beer, garlic fries, a mojito, creme brule and a glass of wine. It is seriously amazing that I continued to function throughout the day, since I am someone who eats regular meals, all the time. Maybe it had something to do with the healthy combination of carbs, alcohol and caffeine. ;-)

Then it was another fun (and barf sawdust) filled trolly ride home...only to find out that the trolly didn't run all the way to the stop we needed to go to. We had a very "interesting" walk through a deserted, dark and spooky QUALCOMM parking lot. Fortunately, we were armed with some wicked wood knitting needles, so we were prepared to defend ourselves if necessary.

I had such a great time and definitely plan on attending next year. If you haven't already had one of these in your city, I hightly recommend going. But get your tickets as soon as you can. We literally got the last ones for our game!

5 comments:

Mouse said...

Sounds like a great day! I've had days where when I looked back at what I consumed that day I was surprised that I was still standing as well.
Good thing you were safe in that parking lot otherwise the headline would have read "Would-be attackers found knitted to lamp post with fun fur.. story at ll".. hee-hee!

Jennifer said...

How fun! I know we have Stitch and Pitch games up here too, but I've been hard pressed to get away. I think I'm going to try harder next time though!

Anonymous said...

aww, I wish I could have gone to the game! I'm glad you had fun ;)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time!! : )

Mercedes said...

Oh, the pictures of the ball park make me miss San Diego.