It's a rather dull Thursday and I have a lot of work to catch up on. However, I'm also in need of a little fun, so let's get our meme on, shall we? I saw this one yesterday here and there, and enjoyed reading both so much, I thought I would add my 2 cents. As a bonus, and because I hate to leave you with photoless posts, I thought I would throw in one of my very favorite photos of us Loopy girls. I love it because we are captured in mid-laughter silliness, which is usually how you will find us when we're all together. (I'm also posting this because I miss them, so seeing this makes me happy.)
And now, the meme:
48 THINGS YOU COULD CARE LESS ABOUT
1. FIRST NAME? Most of you have figured it out by now, but if you haven't yet you will eventually, so I won't spoil the surprise. :)
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No, although my middle name, Kimberley, is taken from my dad's middle name, which was after my paternal grandmother's maiden name.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? I cry all the freaking time, you'd think I would remember the last time, but I don't. Probably watching TV.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yeah, no complaints.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Eew, just the word "lunchmeat." Gross.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I would be honored. Kidding! But, yes, I would. I cherish my friends and (I hope) they know that.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Not currently, no. I've started many journals, but tend to not keep them for very long, regrettably. I managed to keep a fairly consistent journal in college (full of angst and drama and bad poetry), but that's about it.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? No. I have absolutely no interest. Something about the idea of being attached to what's essentially a rubber band and the springy, snapping back motion just does not appeal. But, I would go skydiving. Go figure. Who's with me??
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? I love cereal, so this is hard. Lately I've been into cereals with a flake/cluster of some kind combo. I've tried several different ones from Whole Foods that I like, though I can't think of the names. And I'm always on the hunt for a good granola. If you know of a good one, please let me know. I keep meaning to try making some...
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Most of the time. Not with my Pumas, though I have no idea why that is.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Physically, not really, although I do pride myself on being able to open jars and bottles on my own. Otherwise, yes, for the most part. I've become emotionally strong along the way. I realized that after going through (and coming out of) my mom's passing. I definitely have my weak, girly moments, though. There's always room for improvement!
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Chocolate. Both plain and with stuff in it. Can't really go wrong with chocolate.
14. SHOE SIZE? I wish I had just one shoe size, as it would make my shoe buying experience all the more pleasurable. As it is, I'm either a 5.5 or 6, depending on the brand, style, etc. Thank goodness for Zappos' free return shipping policy!
15. RED OR PINK? Pink. But I love my red shoes!
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I'm somewhat plagued by nagging, irrational insecurities.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My mom.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Only if it floats your boat.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Black and white skirt, black top, black patent leather flats (don't think I match this well all the time).
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Oatmeal.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? An old Michael Penn song just came on my randomly shuffling iPod. Bonus points if you know who I'm talking about.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Probably olive green.
23. FAVORITE SMELL? Cookies or brownies baking, Thanksgiving turkey in the oven, onions and garlic sauteing, (clean) babies (need to be specific here), sweet peas, plumerias, freshly laundered sheets, the beach.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? A client.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Their shoes. I'm kidding (...or am I?). Eyes, definitely.
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? I haven't had the opportunity to meet either Cara or Sarah in person, but I enjoy reading their blogs and admire their knits, so I'm certain I would like them "in real life." :)
27. FAVORITE DRINK? I've been into iced teas a lot lately. And my genmaicha latte concoction. Favorite alcoholic beverage: Margaritas! Preferably on the rocks, with salt. Yum!
28. FAVORITE SPORT? I don't play sports, because I'm embarrassingly nonathletic, but I do happen to enjoy watching football (Shelley, back me up here). I've enjoyed snowboarding, though, and hope to improve - it's so much fun (especially when I'm not falling on my ass every 2.5 seconds)!
29. EYE COLOR? Dark brown.
30. HAT SIZE? I have no idea!
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No. Thanks to some kind of freakish genetic mutation, I have good vision. *Knock on wood* This is astounding, given that my mom wore glasses and contacts, and my dad wore glasses until the lasik. I'm fairly certain my vision will go at some point, but I'm stoked it's lasted this long, and will enjoy it while it does last. Incidentally, B and I have this in common.
32. FAVORITE FOOD? Pretty much anything with garlic and butter, crab, , Magnolia Bakery cupcakes, too many "local" dishes in Hawaii to mention (although I will make an exception and give ahi poke a shout out)!
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Definitely happy endings. I've never been a fan or scary movies.
34. SENSE OR SENSIBILITY? Both.
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Spring. Sorry, not trying to be difficult, but I don't like extreme temperatures, be it too hot or too cold. I much prefer Spring and Fall.
36. HUGS OR KISSES? Depends on who's doing the hugging or kissing. ;)
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? I love desserts in general, so that's hard to say, depends on my mood. I love hot fudge sundaes.
38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Oh, let's skip these next two. It doesn't matter.
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? None that I can lay claim to with any kind of legitimacy. My current lifestyle is such that I use my copious *ahem* free time to knit. If I'm not knitting, that usually means I'm too tired, which means I'm also too tired to read, and magazines are easier to flip through and read in bits. Plus, I have a have a magazine addiction, to they are all over the house.
41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? This is random. It's a really cute one from a short-lived decorating magazine called "Living Room."
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Lost.
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? My friends laughing, Dakota purring (yes folks, I have a dog that purrs!), palm trees swaying in the breeze, waves crashing at the beach, rain.
44. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles.
45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Japan.
46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? This is easy. Gift-wrapping.
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Honolulu, HI, at a pink hospital on a hill.
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Hijacked for my own cheap thrills from the aforementioned January One and Blue Garter.
Okay now. Back to work!