Monday, February 12, 2007

FO: Plum

Everyone loves a beret! Don't they? Well, I certainly do. I've always been a hat girl. Love hats. Even though I live in Southern California, I find excuses to break out the hats whenever our weather permits. I haven't had a beret in a while, but once I saw this one, I knew it was time to knit one for myself. And so, here it is! Plum.


As soon as I saw Julia's berets in person, I was further convinced. And then, I was allowed to try one on, and I fell completely in love. Thankfully, Julia didn't seem to mind me hijacking it, professing my love for it, and petting it throughout the day.

Lucky for us all, I decided to knit my own. I used the fabulous Kat Coyle's fabulous beret pattern from Greetings From Knit Cafe and one skein of Blue Sky Alpacas Sport Weight in #512 (Eggplant). So soft! I can't gush over this pattern enough. It's perfect.

Beautifully constructed, easy to follow, and shockingly (only for me) quick to knit up. I highly recommend this pattern if you sense a beret in your future. Love, love, love!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tres fab! I love that beret pattern. And of course it looks oh so fab on you dah-ling. You just rock tht hat!

margene said...

So very pretty and it looks grand on you, too!

Julia (MindofWinter) said...

Ooooh. I love how that beret turned out. I wish I could have given you the one you tried on, but I didn't have enough time to finish another for Laura. They're just wonderful, aren't they? Your stitches look so neat in that Blue Sky Alpaca - how did you do it? - that stuff is notoriously wonky in stockinette. Was it the blocking, or are you just gifted?

Mouse said...

I have Prince's "Raspberry Beret" going through my head right now. I'm going to have to order that book for the pattern.. its gorgeous!

dee said...

so very pretty!! It goes so nicely with your new 'do...

Disentangled said...

I agree with dee...the hat is PERFECT for your new cut!

"...raspberry beret..." But you will never find one of these at a second hand store! ;-)

Lick My Sticks said...

So cute!

Shelley said...

Oh how pretty! And I don't think I ever told you how much I like your new haircut. It's very flattering and must be nice to have shorter hair in the heat.

mle said...

Cute!! you wear it so well!

jillian said...

You do wear a hat well! That looks adorable on you! And the color is fantastic too. I can imagine how soft and wonderful it feels.

Anonymous said...

This looks so great! It's so easy for a beret pattern to come out looking too much like a mushroom top or a shower cap or a frisbee. This one is beautiful and perfectly shaped. Great job!

Kim said...

I love how yours turned out. I might have to make one - I have a similar hairstyle and when I go for a walk it gets blown away!

Lolly said...

It looks so nice on you! I really love the color you chose to work with too. I love berets - I need to try this pattern out ;)

Theresa said...

That's quite a nice looking beret. I'm impressed.