Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Weirdo Wednesday: Loopy AND Weird
Well, after thoroughly enjoying reading about the weirdness of others from people's "Six Weird Things About Me" lists, I thought it was about time I divulge six weird things about me. Narrowing it down to just six was a bit of an arduous task, but it should provide a nice sampling.
1. When I eat certain food (such as burgers, sandwiches, toast, and Reese's peanut butter cups, just to name a few), I eat around the edges first, and then the inside. The inside is where all the good stuff lies, so I like to get the less tasty parts ( i.e. crust, edges of sandwiches where the filling may not make it to the edge, etc.) out of the way first and savor the yummy inside nuggets for last.
1a. I always spread butter, jam, peanut butter, and other bread/toast toppings all the way to the edges of the toast. B, on the other hand, just does that little dab in the center of the slice. And yet, he eats the entire thing. I stare, perplexed.
2. I avoid driving in the fast lane or carpool lane, or any lane on the freeway (on one stretch of the 405 South near the 10, it happens to be to the right of the slow lane) that is right up against a wall. It makes me nervous that I'll get side-swiped from some vehicle in the lane next to me, which will slam me crashing into the wall. Normally I'm not claustrophobic, but I am on freeways. I also don't like driving next to huge trucks, especially male overcompensation vehicles (you know the ones) and semis.
3. I hope this won't gross anyone out, but I rarely ever brush or comb my hair. This has been the case since...I don't even remember when. I don't know if it's because I like to take the term "low-maintenance" to new levels, or because I'm just blessed with untangly hair, but the only time I might utilize that object called a brush is when I'm blow-drying my hair...another rare occurrence.
4. Most of the time, I do my own nails, but whenever I do opt for a professional manicure or pedicure, I prefer to cut my nails before going to the nail salon. (Kind of like the people who clean their house before the maid comes over to clean.) I'm afraid they'll hack off too much, thereby injuring me or causing a hangnail. No fun.
5. I won't drink out of those squirty tops of "sports bottle" water bottles. Something about it is creepy to me. Not to mention, the slurpy sound it makes when people drink out of it. Instead, I treat it like any other (normal) cap top and unscrew the whole thing off and then drink out of the bottle. Note: I don't buy these kinds of water bottles if I can help it.
6. I have the hardest time coming up with usernames and passwords for things like online accounts, and yet I have an uncanny ability to come up with names for people, pets, and inanimate objects in the blink of an eye.
So, now you know. I hope we can still be friends.