Monday, March 17, 2008

FO: Lucas Baby Set

Yes, I've been knitting! Good thing, too. The year o' baby knits has officially commenced. We are lucky to know a few moms-to-be this year. This suits me fine, as there isn't much I enjoy knitting more than baby gear! This set is for B's cousin's baby, born just last week.

You know me, I love shoes no matter how tiny, so I couldn't resist knitting a pair of booties. For a change of pace, I decided to steer away from the old stand-by and test drive a new bootie pattern.

Lucas Booties
Pattern: Boy's and Girl's Booties from Natural Knits for Babies and Moms by Louisa Harding
Yarn: Pakucho Organic Cotton in Chocolate - less than 1 skein for both booties
Needles: US6

These are so cute and I like that it has the drawstring around the ankle for added security (theoretically - I'll have to get back to you on that).

And far be it from me to cover a person's feet without regard for their head, so here's to another favorite accessory of mine- hats! I whipped up this little thing in no time. I just love the stripes!

Lucas Beanie
Pattern: Beanie Hat from Natural Knits for Babies and Moms by Louisa Harding
Yarn: Pakucho Organic Cotton in Natural and Chocolate- less than 1 skein of each
Needles: US5 and US7

This was my first time working with the Pakucho, but it won't be my last. It's a really good cotton yarn, and of course I love that it's organic.

I'm sorry, but I am a sucker for cute, little baby knits. I may have found my calling...

17 comments:

LizKnits said...

Those really are cute and I love those pics, especially the last one. Good visual use of space!

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

What's not to love? Cute little knits always tug at my heart. I love the non-traditional colors you chose for these. :)

jillian said...

Awwwww. Yeah, I am with you on the cute factor of baby knits. That is an adorable set.

Lick My Sticks said...

I may need to pick up that pattern book. I'm a lucky mom-to-be and I am knitting like a maniac over here!

I Love LOVE the booties and the hat, you did a great job!

dee said...

Ridiculously CUTE!!!! Love the colors too, reminds me of those Foremost ice cream cups with the swirl of chocolate :)

f. pea said...

ooh, i love pakucho too! great booties - it must be bootie week!

Theresa said...

Nothing wrong with cute, that's for sure.

Marnie said...

oooooooh, baby sized stuff is just too cute for words.

mary said...

So freakin' cute!

Lolly said...

so sweet! i really like the natural palette too. baby will look so precious!

Disentangled said...

super cute! i know mommy will love them!

Shelley said...

I llllove those booties!! I wish I had babies to knit for.

Octopus Knits said...

The booties and hat are so cute, and I love that you made them in chocolate and natural organic cotton (as opposed to, say, pink or blue acrylic). I just used some Pakucho for the first time, and I love it, too!

Jennifer said...

So darn cute, I can hardly stand it!

kim•ber•ly said...

those are way too cute. Its nice to be surrounded with little one's to make things for.

Nasus said...

Ha! I love that last pic!

Madge said...

And now, for the most original comment ever:

Cute!

Really.