Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Its a sleeve, well - not even close


Kyoto Sleeve WIP
Originally uploaded by Disentangled.
As a progress report on the Starry Night Kyoto, I wanted to show where the sleeve is currently. Since I'm using the yarn the pattern calls for, I figure I had to jack with the pattern some how - so sleeves in the round it is! I kept going back and forth with knitting them simultaneously, as called for, or in the round. None of the options really did it for me, but I decided I would much rather knit, knit, knit then flip. I also decided that if I had opted to to knit them simultaneously, I may have given up on the project all together because it would have taken FOREVER.

So far, all I can tell is that my sleeve will be a little wider than if I knitted them flat, since I don't need the seem, but I should be able to ease that into the back and front pieces at the end - not that I am anywhere near the end...

No comments: