Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Giant Balls

Thought that might get your attention. That little two-word phrase pretty much encapsulates my knitting update for the day. I realized, while scanning my living room, that this is what I have to show for my current projects (sock aside). Huge balls of fat yarn. I am working on a few scarves using Misti Alpaca Chunky, so I have a few balls of that rolling around in different colors, and just yesterday I received the Brown Sheep Burly Spun for the chunky winter pullover sweater I've been wanting to make, so I've also got some of that wound into the hugest ball of yarn I have ever possessed*. It struck me as interesting that I am working with these fatty yarns all of a sudden. It's fun though, and quick to knit up, which is even…funner!

The scarves…I can't get into these babies much, since I plan to gift them, but I can say that I am in love with this yarn. I picked up my first couple bundles of joy of this fabulous yarn when I was at Knit CafĂ© a couple of weeks ago and have since then used it to knit up a very cute cabled scarf for myself. This is such yummy yarn that I wanted to share it, so I went bac, bought some more, and embarked this little scarf project.

The chunky sweater is a simple pullover. So far I've casted on and started working on the collar. I'm so excited about finally starting this project, I can't tell you. My love for charcoal gray sweaters may or may not be widely known, but I really do have a thing for them. My philosophy is that you can never have too many. (Kind of like white t-shirts and black shoes.) And this will be the first one that I've knit for myself, so I'm all the more excited.

Last but not least, there's my beloved sock. Ah, sock. I started on the gusset and I think I'm doing it right. I'll get a picture of it up soon, so you can be the judge.

Anyway, that's about it from the knitting world for now. I hope you and your balls are all well. :)

*

No comments: