Monday, December 19, 2005

Could it be...am I done?

Let's see...

Shopping: Finished the last of it today, except for the gifts I'm going in on with my little sister, since she is taking care of getting those. Yay!

Cards: I always make my own. Coming up with an original design idea at this point can be challenging, but luckily I had B to help out this year. We designed our cards together- we decided against the "bizarro world" idea where we would have a picture of me doing an ollie in the driveway while B knits on the front steps, but I hope they will be enjoyed anyway. They're all ready to send out. Yay!

Baking: I love baking for the holidays, despite how I never feel like I have enough time. I didn't bake last year (or send out cards, for that matter) because I just had way too much going on with the move. So I was even more intent on doing both this year. I spent practically the entire weekend in the kitchen. I always have to bake what has become my traditional holiday cookie- the frosty snowball cookies. I usually pair this with another type of cookie(s) or fudge. This year I decided to try two new things: chocolate bark candy and something called Hermits, which are little bar-type cookie things with icing on them. i was a little worried (read: stressed out) yesterday as I experimented with these new recipes (a more sensible baker would have tried the recipe out ahead of time, but of course I would never plan for that kind of thing)...luckily, they both seemed to have turned out fine.* Yay!

Packaging and mailing: I have quite a few gifts for out-of-town friends that need to be mailed. I spent most of the afternoon packaging up these gifts and baked goodies in puffy envelopes and boxes of various sizes, and now all I have to do is figure out how to haul it all to the post office tomorrow morning. Yay! :p

So...I think maybe that's it...although I am really apprehensive about saying that, for fear that I will jinx myself. I think I will go back and re-check my list one more time...

* Someday I will remember to photograph things before I package/wrap them up. For someone who takes pride in packaging and gift wrapping, you would think I would want to document my handiwork, but I guess I get so wrapped up (sorry, no pun intended) in what I'm doing, that I forget to snap the pictures. Too bad. I'm really proud, especially, of the gift baskety thing I made up for B's sister...oh well. I guess you'll just have to take my word for it. ;)

1 comment:

Disentangled said...

Yippy for Nonnahs!

P.S. your grandma's neck cozy theme made me giggle :o)