Monday, March 09, 2009

Let the Bean knitting commence!

So we know I've been all about the baby knits as of late, but I had been concentrating my efforts on knitting baby gifts for friends' babies, not my own. Until now. So exciting! I'm planning to knit a February Baby Sweater for her soon, but I'm starting out with a cute little tee. The pattern is Country Kiddie (Ravlink) by Pixie Purls and the yarn is (now discontinued) Lana Grossa Meilenweit Cotton Multiringel.

I bought this yarn - I don't even know when, but it was years ago - from Knit Cafe. I fell in love with it on sight and it's been sitting patiently in le stash all this time, just waiting for the perfect project to be paired with. Many months ago, I came across this pattern on Ravelry and bookmarked it immediately. A cute, simple baby top, that you can knit with a small amount of sock yarn (of which I have a plethora) - I knew it was only a matter of time before I would knit one of these for someone. Little did I know it would be for my little one. But wouldn't you know, everything fell into place and I think it's the perfect coming together of pattern and yarn for a very special recipient. I'm really enjoying this project for all of the above reasons. The colors are bright and cheery, the stripes keep my interest, and picturing little Bean wearing it one day makes fills me with happiness.

I must have been really inspired by this garment over the weekend, because at our weekly trip to the market yesterday, I picked up a colorful assortment of gerber daisies in much of the same colors.

Oh and speaking of babies and knitted gifts for friends, you may remember that I knitted a toy snail for Julia's baby shower last year. Well, Griffin is now 6 months old, and I'm overjoyed to know that he loves Snailsace- he even *reads* to him! Yay!

Honestly, knitting for babies - whether for your friends' or your own - does it get any better? I really think not!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is going to be so cute! Yay for babies and baby knitting! :)

mames said...

the colors are so joyful. i am really so very excited about your imminent arrival.

margaux said...

that is SO wonderful Shan! I love the colors and I can totally see her rockin' that tee!

Oh and... would you say you had a plethora of yarn? (i'm hoping you know the pseudo movie quote!!)

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

That's such an adorable knit and will be so cute in those bright happy colors! :)

Tami said...

I love that yarn and so wish it was not discontinued.

Anonymous said...

Love those colors! they are so cheerful! Going to make a great lil kiddie sweater. Knitting for babies is very satisfying. : )

Anonymous said...

that is going to be so cute- can't wait to see it in action :)